UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration)
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
The jobholders will undertake a wide range of tasks, as detailed below, in connection with the processing of visa applications. We are looking for flexible people, who work well in a busy environment. It is extremely important that jobholders are adaptable and show a willingness to undertake a variety of tasks operating to challenging targets.
Applicants must be available to work from 2 May until 31 August. The contract period is 2 - 6 months.
The Visa Operational Support Unit is responsible for a variety of support functions, which assist the wider visa section in the efficient processing of visa applications. This begins with taking deliveries of applications from our visa applications centres, continues through data entry and general administrative support, and ends with the packing and dispatching of completed applications back to applicants.
Typical tasks for ECA’s include:
· To input data from visa application forms accurately
· To accurately link and stream applications according to risk data
· To distribute files around the visa section
· To unpack, scan and shelve applications
· To prepare completed applications for courier collection
· To assist the Visa Writer team in attaching visas into passports
· To scan and file archived applications
· To Contact applicants to submit additional documents
· To assist the management team and wider operation as required
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
· Ability to work effectively against demanding targets;
· Ability to use initiative in solving problems;
· Familiarity with Windows operating system and Microsoft applications;
· Good English skills, both written and spoken.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
·Work experience in a similar environment or a similar role would be advantageous.
Seeing the Big Picture, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Other benefits and conditions of employment
We offer a competitive package, which includes basic salary, good leave entitlement, and insurance plan, etc.
The gross monthly salary (before all deductions) is RMB 6,779/ month for Chinese nationals.
A 5% bonus will be paid on completion of the full contract period.
We also offer excellent development opportunities and one (1) day of leave per month.
Net conditioned working hours are 35 hours per week (excluding lunch break), five (5) working days a week with two (2) consecutive days off. It is likely that the five working days could include Saturday or Sunday. There may also be a requirement for flexible shift working between 6AM and 11PM.
For more details on our Total Rewards Package, please visit our website http://www.gov.uk/government/world/china.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Beijing is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Chinese employment law.